七 Qī Seven
This blog is supposed to be one miracle a day right? I certainly don't have the strength or desire to get on here and post every single day of my life - but I do have the desire to see miracles everyday. So, this week, I tried something new. I wrote down a miracle each day the last seven days, and I'll just share them here all at once.
Day 1 (last Wednesday) - I lost my USB drive that has all of my PowerPoint presentations for classes on it. And then I found it! And then it wouldn't work. Then, I restarted my computer and prayed and it worked.
Day 2 - I managed to make delicious banana bread in my Chinese oven - it's this small oven that sits on my counter and all the instructions on it are in Chinese. Helped me feel more at home.
Day 3 - I received an email from Ali Chuntz where she shared a miracle with me. It was just good timing, needed her words. Also that day: one of my students expressed to me that girls in the class weren't being kind to her, and she seemed so sad the last month. In class that day, she did a presentation for the class with two other girls that I put with her, and she seemed so happy. It looks like she's making new friends who are kind.
Day 4 - Got to talk on the phone with my wonderful friend Mary Parker!
Day 5 - I was able to watch General Conference on my phone and listed to President Monson's talk that day. All the talks were beautiful, but his short, sweet message spoke to me in many ways.
Day 6 - I'm not with family here, so I worked on family history for my own little family home evening. Miracles happened! I found several new families in my ancestry that I can now do Temple work for.
Day 7 - This was a tough miracle. It was a harder day and I couldn't think of anything, so I prayed to be reminded of a miracle from the day, then thought about the day one event at a time. As soon as I thought of this event, I knew it was a miracle in some sense. I was humbled. I had been upset with a student for some behavior of hers, and wrote her a note about it. She came to me to explain why she had acted that way and to apologize, and she gave the back story that made everything make sense. I was humbled, and reminded that I cannot judge people too quickly, that I need to be kind and not assume. This experience sort of made me feel like a bad person/bad teacher, but it taught me, and I can improve now!
Today - Just had lunch, and one of my students from my news reading class approached me. I didn't recognize her because I have sooo many students, but she told me her name and the class she's in, and then told me how much she loves the class and that she loves how I teach. Tender mercy that comforted me after yesterday's experience. I'm grateful for students that humble me and students that lift me up.
Day 1 (last Wednesday) - I lost my USB drive that has all of my PowerPoint presentations for classes on it. And then I found it! And then it wouldn't work. Then, I restarted my computer and prayed and it worked.
Day 2 - I managed to make delicious banana bread in my Chinese oven - it's this small oven that sits on my counter and all the instructions on it are in Chinese. Helped me feel more at home.
Day 3 - I received an email from Ali Chuntz where she shared a miracle with me. It was just good timing, needed her words. Also that day: one of my students expressed to me that girls in the class weren't being kind to her, and she seemed so sad the last month. In class that day, she did a presentation for the class with two other girls that I put with her, and she seemed so happy. It looks like she's making new friends who are kind.
Day 4 - Got to talk on the phone with my wonderful friend Mary Parker!
Day 5 - I was able to watch General Conference on my phone and listed to President Monson's talk that day. All the talks were beautiful, but his short, sweet message spoke to me in many ways.
Day 6 - I'm not with family here, so I worked on family history for my own little family home evening. Miracles happened! I found several new families in my ancestry that I can now do Temple work for.
Day 7 - This was a tough miracle. It was a harder day and I couldn't think of anything, so I prayed to be reminded of a miracle from the day, then thought about the day one event at a time. As soon as I thought of this event, I knew it was a miracle in some sense. I was humbled. I had been upset with a student for some behavior of hers, and wrote her a note about it. She came to me to explain why she had acted that way and to apologize, and she gave the back story that made everything make sense. I was humbled, and reminded that I cannot judge people too quickly, that I need to be kind and not assume. This experience sort of made me feel like a bad person/bad teacher, but it taught me, and I can improve now!
Today - Just had lunch, and one of my students from my news reading class approached me. I didn't recognize her because I have sooo many students, but she told me her name and the class she's in, and then told me how much she loves the class and that she loves how I teach. Tender mercy that comforted me after yesterday's experience. I'm grateful for students that humble me and students that lift me up.


Comments