我是谁 Wǒ shì shuí? Who am I?
Last week I was studying my identity. We all have different ways we can identify ourselves, nationality, education or career status, or hobbies. But most importantly, we are each a son or daughter of God. He is literally the father of our Spirits, and we lived with him before this life. Knowing that helps me so much! When I am struggling or sad, I remember who I am and who others are, and then I am filled with love and peace. I was called to be a Sunday School teacher at church, and we discussed on Sunday how indebted we are to God. No matter how much we praise him or serve him, we can never pay back all he has done and continues to do for us. But he does these things for us because of his love. And all he asks is that we humble ourselves as little children, because we are his children, and do our best to do his will, and then he blesses us eternally.
In the blessing to set me apart for my calling, I was told that I am here in China for a reason - that my being here is no accident. And that the reason I am here will be revealed to me. Wow! That is powerful to me. When I was trying to decide whether to come here or not, I kept going back and forth. I just wasn't sure if it was right. Little things along the way encouraged me to go in this direction, but then there was problem after problem with my visa paperwork. I prayed that if I was supposed to be here, I would make it after doing all I could do to complete the paperwork. And here I am. Yes, it is no accident.
I went to Suzhou two weekends ago and saw a popular place called Tiger Hill. But a rainstorm ruined my phone, so I couldn't take pictures! A few days later though, a little shop was able to fix it! I was so stressed thinking about having to order a new phone, so I'm grateful it's been good ever since. I just don't have any photos, but will post some as soon as my friend emails them to me and tell you more about my trip and the little miracles that occurred in Suzhou.


Comments