Alaska/Canadian Miracle

Here's an incredible miracle shared by Michael Koerber, an awesome man at church here (he also lives in Wuxi).

Years ago, he traveled to Alaska on business and had a feeling that he needed to give a Book of Mormon to this man he met. He didn't have one with him at the moment, so he asked the guy if they could meet for lunch the next day and he could bring his copy from his hotel. They scheduled lunch, but then he remembered that it had a lot of notes in it and wasn't in the best condition. He prayed that he would be able to get another copy by the next day, and later he walked in to his hotel and saw two missionaries there. As soon as he saw them, he shouted "Elders! I need a Book of Mormon!" (This guy just has the most expressive, awesome personality, if you can imagine).

They gave him one, but then this crazy storm came through that night! His office called to tell him that he would have to be evacuated out the next day. Bummer. He was at the airport the next day and had to cancel his lunch. But then the plane couldn't take off (weather and technical difficulties) so his flight was delayed until the next day. He called the man and rescheduled to have dinner that night.

The man and him met, as well as the man's wife (sorry I don't really remember who this man was exactly, maybe one of the company employees, maybe just a stranger he met, because he is good at that). At dinner, Brother Koerber pulled out the Book of Mormon and said, "The Lord told me that I need to give you this book." The man replied that he knew the book and that his wife was Mormon. She hadn't been in a long time, but missionaries had recently visited. He had rejected the missionaries and didn't have an interest in reading the Book of Mormon. Brother Koerber told him again that the Lord told him he needed to give him the book, and then sadly put it back in his briefcase. Then the man said, "I don't want to read it or listen to the missionaries, but if you insist that I read it, then I will." Brother Koerber quickly pulled it back out and told him that he did insist and that it would bless him and his family.

A few months later Brother Koerber returned to Alaska to baptize him! Guess he realized something special about that book (:

He says that what he learned is always do what the Lord says even if it seems impossible or weird.

♥ Ash

p.s. It is getting really cold here. But I've found 2 delicious, warm drinks in the vending machines that cheer me up. If you ever come to China, try these!

Warm coconut juice! My friend Kim talks about coconut juice in China and how amazing it is. I don't know if this is the same thing, but I love this!

Peanut milk! It tastes like liquid peanuts. They also have peanut ice cream here that is delicious

Comments

Popular Posts