Thanksgiving in China
Happy Thanksgiving! It isn't Thanksgiving here anymore, but back in the states, there is at least 40 more minutes to keep being thankful (:
I'm so happy today! I just feel like life is really good right now, despite how freezing it is outside. I'm studying more about joy and trying to find joy even in the difficult times of my life. This year has had some interesting challenges that have really frustrated me, but I think that even just the process of studying joy in the scriptures and praying for it has helped change my perspective and my feelings.
This week I taught all of my students about Thanksgiving and asked them to write a list of ten things they were grateful for. Then we played this game that my mom taught us once where we go around the room and say what we're grateful for, but if you repeat something, you're out! My students were pretty incredible at coming up with things they are grateful for that I would have never thought of. See how many blessings you can list if you haven't already.
Here are 10 things I'm really grateful for in this moment:
1. A loving Heavenly Father (this includes the Atonement of Jesus Christ because that was the greatest act of love!)
2. My incredible, faithful parents and my siblings and nieces and grandparents, etc..
3. The opportunity to live in China
4. Heat in my apartment
5. Eternal marriages in temples
6. Good health
7. Living prophets and apostles
8. Wonderful friends
9. My cat Chi Chi
10. Christmas is coming!!
I'm so happy today! I just feel like life is really good right now, despite how freezing it is outside. I'm studying more about joy and trying to find joy even in the difficult times of my life. This year has had some interesting challenges that have really frustrated me, but I think that even just the process of studying joy in the scriptures and praying for it has helped change my perspective and my feelings.
This week I taught all of my students about Thanksgiving and asked them to write a list of ten things they were grateful for. Then we played this game that my mom taught us once where we go around the room and say what we're grateful for, but if you repeat something, you're out! My students were pretty incredible at coming up with things they are grateful for that I would have never thought of. See how many blessings you can list if you haven't already.
Here are 10 things I'm really grateful for in this moment:
1. A loving Heavenly Father (this includes the Atonement of Jesus Christ because that was the greatest act of love!)
2. My incredible, faithful parents and my siblings and nieces and grandparents, etc..
3. The opportunity to live in China
4. Heat in my apartment
5. Eternal marriages in temples
6. Good health
7. Living prophets and apostles
8. Wonderful friends
9. My cat Chi Chi
10. Christmas is coming!!



Comments