Family History...I am doing it


This is three generations. Me, my mom, her mom. 

My grandma Zingmark is wonderful! She and my grandfather were serving a mission in New York City while I was serving in Mesa. Years and years ago my grandma drove through New York City and swore she would never go back there. When they submitted their mission papers, they didn't put any preferences, they just said we'll go where the Lord sends us. And he sent them there! Of course grandma ended up loving New York City when she got to know it better. One miracle they experienced was that they were really close to where my grandpa's ancestors came from. He is a convert to the church and is one of the few Zingmarks left on earth to do the work for his family. Grandma is a family history genius and found over 2,000 names while they were on their mission from grandpa's side of the family.

While I was in Mesa, I got an email from grandma saying she wanted me to come and spend time with her after my mission, so she could teach me how to do family history work. I was really nervous about that because of the fear that I would be a slow learner and would not be able to find out anything - because so much has already been done! However, I felt a clear pull in the direction to accept grandma's invitation. 

For the last week I've been in South Carolina, and I don't know why the heck I was worried - there is so much work to do! We found tons of family names and get to take them to the Temple now. Do your family history and you will see miracles! 

Comments

Lildonbro said…
Amen!

And 2,000 names! She's a family history fiend!

Popular Posts