Thai's Miracle
today I went shopping with the girls I nanny, and one of the sales-girls we met was named Thai. Thai is probably my age, and she was so happy when she came to talk to us to see if we needed anything. I didn't just think, "I need to ask her for a miracle," I felt pushed to ask her.
I felt a little awkward, but as she was checking out the purchases, I said, "So, I have a goal to meet 100 new people this year and ask them for a miracle from their lives. Can you think of a miracle you've seen? It took her a minute. She said, "I know I've seen them...." Then, her eyes got huge and she said, "I do have one!" She told me about her aunt who had a stroke last summer. They didn't expect her aunt to survive, but she is recovering well. She can't walk yet, but Thai said she is speaking now. They have faith that she will have a full recovery.
I shared with her about April Smith (sorry-it just came out April!) and how her doctors never thought she would walk again, but she is. As we were leaving, Thai grabbed a tissue and said, "I'm tearing up now!" I never knew that just asking someone for a miracle from their life would be such a beautiful experience. There are incredible people all over this world with amazing experiences to share that strengthen my faith, and I can't wait to meet more people and hear their stories.
And please - anytime you see me, or if you just want to call/email, tell me the big or small miracles from your life. I won't post them on here if you don't want me too, I just love hearing them.
Have a great day!


Comments
Also - I'm sorry I'm reading blogs out of order...I'm still trying to catch up from vacation.