Sweden

This is a miracle I stole from my Grandpa Burton. In November I made him and grandma tell me their life stories. My grandpa started crying as he shared this experience with me, and it touched my heart and reminded me again that God does live and he cares very much about each of His children.


So, Elder Lindholm came to me (he’s from Wellsville, Utah – just south of Logan). We went 7 weeks without teaching anyone and were depressed, so we participated in a special fast and prayer and told the members who then asked if they could participate. We fasted for 24 hours with the members, but Elder Lindholm and I fasted for 72 hours. The first week after we worked hard all week without any success, so one evening we prayed again and told Heavenly Father how much we wanted to share the Gospel and thanked Him for the privilege of being missionaries and committed to work hard.  The next day was PE day (preparation day), but we felt we should work. We got up at 4:30 a.m. to pray and study and as soon as the sun came out we hit the streets and worked hard all day. A quarter to 10 that night we were still out working. I looked up to the Heavens and pled with the Lord and then as I looked down over my right shoulder, I saw lights shine through a wooded area. We hadn’t seen that home in the daylight and we felt prompted to try it. We went there late at night and met the older daughter and son of the Engling family. The daughter invited us in, and we met with her and her parents. They invited us to come back. (They belonged to the state/Lutheran church but had asked the minister some questions he couldn’t answer and were uncertain what to do). The next evening – I remember walking home in the bitter cold but felt so warm because we loved our Heavenly Father so much. We taught them three lessons and invited them to come to church, and the whole family came, and the members fellowshipped them so well! After the meeting we asked them how they felt, if they liked what they saw and especially what they felt. They all got baptized – 7 members in the family.

Comments

Lildonbro said…
That's awesome! I got goosebumps :)

Popular Posts