Peace

Hey there! So I love the blog The Shine Project - it's by a girl named Ashley who lives in Mesa, and she is an inspiration to me. She is always starting projects to serve others and sells jewelry and clothing and other things and donates the money for various causes. I have one of her necklaces that says "Shine" which reminds me to get out there and do something to help others. She came up with an awesome new year's resolution to meet 100 new people in the next 4 months (or something like that) and ask them for an inspiring story from her life. You can read some of the stories on her blog. Last night I was thinking about how cool it would be to ask random people I meet to share with me a miracle from their life, and I'll try and get 100 this year! I'll post some of the miracles on here and if you want to join in with me or do what Ashley on The Shine Project does or some other idea you have, share it with me! I know miracles happen in everyone's lives and hearing about them from others reminds me even more that God lives and cares about the details of our lives.

one of my miracle moments last week - when I got home from my mission I signed up for classes but held off paying tuition until the last minute because I wasn't feeling really good about going back to grad school. Actually I wasn't feeling great about a lot of things (return missionary blues, I guess), so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go back or not. Well, I paid tuition and ordered books and decided just to go with it, but still didn't feel great about it. Then, to make things more interesting, my best friend Holly called me to catch up one night. Holly served a mission in Boston and got home a few months before I left. Randomly without me saying anything about my school confusion, she shared with me her experience. While I was on my mission, she got into grad school in Boston and really, really wanted to go but started feeling unsure. She spent a few hours studying her scriptures and praying and decided not to go and then prayed and felt peace about not going. She stayed in Utah and down the road met her fiance and was able to keep her job at the Missionary Training Center. Well - as soon as Holly told me this, I thought - oh no! She must have been supposed to share this with me because I'm not supposed to go to school either! haha - the weird things I think sometimes. I shared that with her, but she reminded me how much I love school and love the MPA program. Later she texted me and said, "pray and tell Heavenly Father you've decided to go back to school and ask to feel peace if it is right." I said a quick prayer and then asked my dad for a Priesthood blessing (this is the night before school started). The first words of the blessing, "You will feel peace as you start school." Wow! I texted Holly and told her and she said, "Heavenly Father loves you!" School last week was amazing. I felt peace for sure but also joy as I sat in my classes. Then in church on Sunday, Lori was speaking and she said that the way we feel Heavenly Father's love is through feelings of peace. This was a miracle experience for me because it reminded me that God loves me and that He cares enough to take away my feelings of doubt, replace them with peace and let me know I'm on the right track with my life.

Comments

Amber Lanae- said…
I just love you Ashley! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your miracles. You are definitely blessing my life with them!

I hope we can catch up soon! Love you!!
Kaylynn said…
What an amazing experience! I love you (and Holly)! Good luck with school... I'm sure you'll do awesome. :)
Lildonbro said…
You are the best! This blog is fantastic.

Popular Posts