coughing in a Singles' Ward Sacrament Meeting
One of the awesome people in our ward brought two of her coworkers to church yesterday, as well as the son of one of them. One of the ladies had a cough, which couldn't stop. I don't know if that's ever happened to you in church, but it's pretty humiliating, especially in a singles' ward, which is absolutely silent while the Sacrament (bread and water) are being passed. I felt so bad for her because that's been me many times. I've learned no one else cares when you cough except yourself. Feeling her pain, I began praying her cough would stop. Then a miracle happened (of course - because prayer always brings miracles!) - she didn't stop coughing, but another person who is normally in our congregation and who doesn't seem to care about having a cough, started coughing a lot too. It was perfect. Hopefully it helped the visitor feel less self-conscious, and hopefully they're all feeling better today :)
Another miracle was that one of my friends who I haven't seen at church in over a year came yesterday!
After church my new visiting teaching companion and I visited one of the sisters I've been visiting since last June. (This is what visiting teaching is all about). As we taught, I knew that the Lord had put us as companions together to help this sister because Melanie (my new companion who actually used to visit teach me) asked and shared things that were perfect. I'm leaving for Haiti in a month and then I'm leaving Richmond for other life adventures, so I'm grateful that my teachee is in good hands with Melanie. Melanie is one who always follows the Spirit and has blessed me (for an example, read one of my old posts here).
Another miracle was that one of my friends who I haven't seen at church in over a year came yesterday!
After church my new visiting teaching companion and I visited one of the sisters I've been visiting since last June. (This is what visiting teaching is all about). As we taught, I knew that the Lord had put us as companions together to help this sister because Melanie (my new companion who actually used to visit teach me) asked and shared things that were perfect. I'm leaving for Haiti in a month and then I'm leaving Richmond for other life adventures, so I'm grateful that my teachee is in good hands with Melanie. Melanie is one who always follows the Spirit and has blessed me (for an example, read one of my old posts here).


Comments