Faith

The people here are so amazing! I just wish all of my family and friends back home knew how awesome they are. There are some people here that I would say are near perfection. One of the things I love is the great faith that the people have. One of my friends, Jamesly, got married this year. The other night we were talking about it, and he told me that many men in Haiti want to get married, but because they don't have steady jobs, they put off marriage. When he decided to get married, he did not have a job - pretty typical for the majority of people in Haiti. He told me that the morning of his wedding, he got a call with a job offer! It was for a great job he had not been expecting, but a past contact of his passed on to a potential employer Jamesly's ability to speak Spanish (Jamesly can speak pretty much fluent Spanish, English and French in addition to his native Creole), and they offered him the job. Faith like that inspires me to be better and to expect miracles in my life too.

Comments

Lildonbro said…
That's quite the miracle!! The day of the wedding :) love it. I know I need to have that kind of faith in my life as I make decisions.

Popular Posts