Days 2 and 3
This was Kansas this morning. It is literally black and white, just like in The Wizard of Oz. But a gorgeous black and white. The first hour or so of my trip, the atmosphere was completely covered in fog. I don't think I've ever been in such a cool, deep fog before.
After the fog was just a lot of Kansas. This time of year, Kansas was beautiful, but I was a little sick of it after 6 hours.
The day before my 8 hour drive from Nashville to Kansas City took about 11 hours because of construction traffic and accident traffic. But so far, I have had no accidents. I've just been a little sweaty because the AC in my car is broken, and it has been rather warm for late October. My trip yesterday was also a little big longer because I took a little detour to see the House of the Lord in St. Louis. I had to stop 3 times to ask how to find it because my printed directions (yes I still print my directions) were not getting me there. But it was worth the extra hour. Just driving on to Temple grounds took all the stress away.
I got a picture of the arch - It is one of those landmarks you see on tv all the time, but you still just have to see in person to know it exists. It's pretty cool how you see it and just feel like you're being invited into St. Louis.
And the Missouri sky was just beautiful. These photos are not touched up one bit - just to prove how beautiful it is.
And for the record-I found all the letters of the alphabet in 4 minutes today!
![]() |
| View from my car window |
The day before my 8 hour drive from Nashville to Kansas City took about 11 hours because of construction traffic and accident traffic. But so far, I have had no accidents. I've just been a little sweaty because the AC in my car is broken, and it has been rather warm for late October. My trip yesterday was also a little big longer because I took a little detour to see the House of the Lord in St. Louis. I had to stop 3 times to ask how to find it because my printed directions (yes I still print my directions) were not getting me there. But it was worth the extra hour. Just driving on to Temple grounds took all the stress away.
I got a picture of the arch - It is one of those landmarks you see on tv all the time, but you still just have to see in person to know it exists. It's pretty cool how you see it and just feel like you're being invited into St. Louis.
And the Missouri sky was just beautiful. These photos are not touched up one bit - just to prove how beautiful it is.
And for the record-I found all the letters of the alphabet in 4 minutes today!






Comments