Shake It Off - to Provo

Day 1 of my road trip to success done! I'm taking a few days to drive across the country, and my first stop is in Nashville with my cousins. The miracle is that I got here (I feel obligated to share a miracle - and it was a long drive, so it counts!) The rest is not miracles. Just some random facts I discovered on my way here and some tips for you and me when taking long road trips in the future. But first a photo collage. Tennessee, a McDonalad's in Tennessee, my cousins and me. Luke is the boy, and he's leaving on a mission to Chile soon!

Now for the facts..

1st - Virginia and Tennessee are gorgeous in the fall.
2nd - I didn't get any good pictures to show how gorgeous it is - so trust me.
3rd - There is a weatherman on the radio in Tennessee who's last name is Weatherly. Wow!

Travel Ideas.

1st - When driving alone, there is no one to play the alphabet game with, so play it yourself over and over and try to beat your time. I did it three times. 22 minutes the first time (it took forever to find a Q), 9 minutes the 2nd and 3rd times. If you beat 9 minutes - tell me your secret. 

2nd-Count the # of McDonald's you pass. I wish I had done this. Actually, I wish I had taken a picture of each McDonald's billboard-that would have made a really cool collage. I do know that the particular McDonald's I got chicken nuggets (p.s. this is a BAD word in Haiti) at was extremely clean and fancy.

3rd-Count the # of times you hear "Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift on the radio. I stopped at 3 and made a personal commitment to myself not to listen to it the rest of the trip to Provo. Easiest commitment of my life (#UnderstatementOfTheYear)

4th-Count the # of country stations on the radio in Tennessee. I got between 7-9. It's hard because every time I scanned through, some stations had switched commercials for music and vice/versa. But At least 7 for sure.

I hope some of these ideas make your next road trip a little more interesting. 

Comments

Popular Posts