Eyes to See His Miracles
Life hasn't been very easy lately. And tonight I was thinking about why that has to be. My first thought was because if it was easy, then I wouldn't stop to thank Heavenly Father - even though of course it would be easy only because He makes it that way. Then my thoughts got a little angry. Why does He care so much that we recognize Him and thank Him? Why does He make it hard so that when the miracles come we do thank Him? (thoughts of a depressed girl trying to find light and not quite finding it...) Then it was clear to me that He doesn't necessarily want me to recognize Him or thank Him, and He definitely doesn't need me to - but I need it. I grow as I stumble through the trials and darkness. I grow as I learn to have eyes to see His miracles. I learn how to access the Atonement of Jesus Christ to have strength during the challenges, instead of just floating through an easy life. On my mission, my second companion told me she prayed for a hard mission, so I did the same (what was I thinking?!?!). It was hard, and it would have been so with or without that prayer. Same with life. But we prayed for a hard mission, because what would be the point of just going and serving an easy mission with no challenges? What would be the honor of returning home that way? I don't know. I don't think I would feel very impressive standing next to Joseph Smith, Abraham, Nephi, Sariah, Mary - even Jesus Christ - if I hadn't suffered a tiny ounce of what they did.
This video is up on LDS.org right now. The link asks, "what would it be like to see His miracles?" I pray that right now I can have eyes to see how He is blessing me, and even if I can't see to trust that He is. My favorite part of this video is when Christ tells the widow "weep not." He is so compassionate, and I know He feels my pain and would say that to me too. Please watch.
This video is up on LDS.org right now. The link asks, "what would it be like to see His miracles?" I pray that right now I can have eyes to see how He is blessing me, and even if I can't see to trust that He is. My favorite part of this video is when Christ tells the widow "weep not." He is so compassionate, and I know He feels my pain and would say that to me too. Please watch.


Comments