Piano Prayers

A couple of Sundays ago I was accompanying a friend in church while he sang Be Still My Soul. The piece had some tricky parts, and I started feeling really nervous about how I would do and what people would think if I messed up (I've had some pretty bad mess-ups in front of church congregations in the past). Before I went up to play, I remember that it wasn't about me, and I prayed that no matter how I played, people would be able to feel the Spirit. And then I played, and he sang, and I played almost flawlessly. Such a blessing. That night, I was asked to be our church's choir accompanist. I think this is Lord teaching me that my talents are not for me but are to serve and bless lives. No matter how flawed I may be, He can work miracles to uplift those around me.

And as a random aside, I have found so many uplifting videos on the internet, and some funny ones that just make me laugh and make my day. Maybe I'll share some once in awhile :) This is one my FHE (family home evening) "brothers" shared with us tonight. It's only 17 seconds... enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts