Christmas Lights
This weekend I'm here in D.C. with "my Becca," as Savanna would say. We've had so much fun!




Last night Becca made caramelized pecans, and I made chocolate peppermint bark, and here's the proof!
Mine on the left, Williams and Sonoma on the right
Today, we had a fantastic White House tour and the Christmas decorations were gorgeous. We snapped photos secretly of the White House (def. not allowed!) but they were with Becca's phone, so those will come later. Then we came home and pretty much finished off the peppermint bark and fell asleep watching "The Holiday." Such a nice, lazy afternoon. When we woke up we went to the temple to see the lights.
I'm sad I have to back to Richmond tomorrow :( But such is life!
"We can with confidence set a goal to a to make this Christmas brighter than the last and each year that follow brighter still. The trials of mortality may increase in intensity, yet for us, darkness need not increase if we focus our eyes more singly on the light that streams down on us as we follow the Master. He will lead us and help us along the path that leads upward to the home for which we yearn." -Elder Henry B. Eyring


Comments