Wild Christmas Adventure

I was going to keep with the "Christmas Something" theme and title this post "Christmas Towne," but after going through what we went through, it has too be called "Wild Christmas Adventure!"
So this week, Emily Kuhn organized a group of us to go to Busch Garden's Christmas Towne. About 15 of us were going to go, but when Governor Kaine declared Virginia in a state of emergency last night, only 5 of us actually went through with the plan. Emily, Heather, Jonathan, Layla, and I met at the church last night and decided that our cars would be fine left there. We hopped in to Emily's car and drove down to Williamsburg.

I must say, I was annoyed by the snow and I thought we were going to have a horrible time, but I had to go because I had made the group postpone the time-of-departure so that I could meet them after work.
When we got there we decided to go to "Ireland" to a pub for dinner. We all had soup in a bread bowl and I got delicious peppermint hot chocolate. Then these Irish pub performers came out and started singing Christmas music. I really felt like I was in Ireland in a real pub. After that we stayed in Ireland and went to this show called "Rejoice." At that point I started really feeling the Christmas spirit and started feeling glad that I came.
After the show it was 9:00 and we only had an hour left, so we were going to hop the train and go to France, but when we got to the train they told us the park was closing early, at that moment, because of the snow!
Nuh uh- the park was not closing for us! We ran all the way through the park to Germany to see the Christmas tree. We were not leaving before we saw it. Somehow we ran past all the park guards and no one yelled at us to leave the park. The snow was amazing! It felt like we were in another world. We found the tree, and the penguins (fake ones), and I regained my faith in the Christmas season! I was soaked and freezing wet and covered in snow, but it was wonderful!

We finally left the park about 45 minutes later and had a wild ride back to Richmond. It took us about three hours to get back to the church going 25 mph the whole ride home. When we got to the church we started clearing the 7-inches of snow off our cars only to find that it kept falling. It was hilarious. I wish I had pictures of that moment! Our cars looked something like this...
We were all soaked and freezing but laughing and full of love! I finally got home at 1:30 ish a.m. My dad was so nice - he walked out to the front of the neighborhood and drove the car back for me because my neighborhood street was pretty dangerous to drive on.Being a young single adult it so much fun - especially in a "state of emergency!" Right now I'm happy just to look outside and see the snow, but to stay inside and watch Christmas movies (Rudolph right now). I love Christmas! And I love how all this snow is falling on the busiest shopping day of the year. Take that commercialized holidays!


Comments