Christmas Pictures

Yesterday in FHE we were discussing our favorite Christmas memories. I don't know what my favorite memory is, but my most vivid memories are of the times we took family Christmas pictures. It is always a crazy experience, and sometimes it is dreadful, but what would Christmas be without our family Christmas photo?

The one above is my all time favorite. Blake as Joseph, me as Mary, Heather as an angel, and Seth as the baby Jesus. This one went out to our entire stake and I still get comments about this picture today.

I don't think this one actually went out, but you can tell Blake and I were giving mom the look we give her when we are sick of getting our picture taken. I think Heather and Seth are smiling because they were bribed with candy. This is the year Blake grew sideburns like Wolverine.

This year we had taken so many pictures and were so cold that all we could do was laugh about it...and laugh at Seth :(

This one was last year's, but the Christmas cards are still sitting downstairs. Maybe you'll get it this year instead, if you are lucky!
President Gordon B. Hinckley said,

"Christmas means giving, and the gift without the giver is bare. Give of yourselves; give of your substance; giver of your heart and mind..How poor indeed would be our lives without the influence of His teachings and His matchless example...He whose birth we commemorate this season is mroe than they symbol of a holiday. He is the Son of God,...the Redeemer of mankind, the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace."

Comments

Erin said…
Love all of it. Reminds me of my own childhood Christmas's
Lauren said…
I love those pictures. My family takes pictures every Christmas as well, but I look absolutely disgusting in about 3/4 of them. I don't know why. I don't think I looked that bad in any given year, but the pictures just happen to capture particularly ugly moments in my life!

Also, I can't believe how long your hair was! It was beautiful!
mollie said…
Ok, so you're the only member of your family that I know, but these pictures are so great. The one at the top makes me giggle every time I see it. So classic. I miss you! :) -mollie

Popular Posts