quick break from a paper I'm working on that is due tonight!
today I got a text from a good friend sharing a recent experience, and she said that miracles do really happen when we trust Heavenly Father. I read it and mockingly thought, well miracles like that haven't happened for me yet. What! A thought like that coming from this girl who blogs about miracles. I don't understand myself sometimes.
Then I remembered a talk I just read yesterday. A sister who I served with posted a link to the talk on facebook, and I copied a part of it and emailed it to myself. It applies exactly to the thought I had when I got the text:
today I got a text from a good friend sharing a recent experience, and she said that miracles do really happen when we trust Heavenly Father. I read it and mockingly thought, well miracles like that haven't happened for me yet. What! A thought like that coming from this girl who blogs about miracles. I don't understand myself sometimes.
Then I remembered a talk I just read yesterday. A sister who I served with posted a link to the talk on facebook, and I copied a part of it and emailed it to myself. It applies exactly to the thought I had when I got the text:
"What struck me was that “the absence of the miracle” could actually be a
miracle in and of itself—the premise being that as God’s ways and thoughts are higher than man’s, at times the Lord may choose to provide a
miracle counter-intuitive to what we may want, knowing full well His own end purpose. Because of the absence of the miracle fixed in our minds,
He is better able to help us grow and thus become happier than we ever could have been had we received the desired miracle for which we had
prayed."
This talk is amazing, so if you have a minute, read it! He talks about the handicapped, one-eyed child he and his wife had and the miracles that came to their family.


Comments