Utah Miracles
I just got back from a wonderful trip to Utah where I was blessed to witness and be a part of facilitating miracles. I was also able to see a million friends I haven't seen in years and the missionaries I served with in Mesa. Here's the first miracle of my trip!
On my way to Utah, during the flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City, a woman aboard got really sick. Over the speakers they asked if anyone on board was a doctor. There were a few on board who were able to assist her (I guess that's really the first miracle). When we were about 45 minutes from landing, the doctor recommended we turn around and land in Denver so the woman could get to a hospital. In 20 minutes we landed in Denver. We waited there SOOO long. They took her off (and I really hope she's ok), refueled, and were about to take off when the smoke alarms in the bathrooms went off. Apparently there were some fumes that were leaking, so an electrician had to come and check it out. In an effort to not get annoyed, I kept telling myself that there must be some reason for all of this. Finally, we took off and made our way to SLC, where I landed about an hour and a half later than we should have-so not too bad.
My former mission companion Aumberly Rowberry (great name :) was coming to pick me up, and there she was at the bottom of the escalator - with my MISSION PRESIDENT! and his wife. President and Sister Ellsworth were really there! It was so crazy, and it felt kind of like a reverse mission homecoming. Anyway, they were there because there daughter was getting home from her mission. She landed about five minutes later, so I got to see her homecoming. She and I were good friends from when I served in Mesa because she would put on her mom's name tag and would serve in the visitors' center sometimes. A few times we got to be companions. I was going to see the Ellsworths at my mission reunion the next night anyway, but it was so good to get some extra one-on-one time talking with them and to see their daughter come home. It brought back so many memories of when I came home. I told their daughter that life only gets better, and when she said "really?" I was able to tell her from my heart that it does. Coming home was awful for many months, but the hard times helped me grow and overall become a better and happier daughter of God.
I also got to see one of the elders from my MTC district there! Awesome!
On my way to Utah, during the flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City, a woman aboard got really sick. Over the speakers they asked if anyone on board was a doctor. There were a few on board who were able to assist her (I guess that's really the first miracle). When we were about 45 minutes from landing, the doctor recommended we turn around and land in Denver so the woman could get to a hospital. In 20 minutes we landed in Denver. We waited there SOOO long. They took her off (and I really hope she's ok), refueled, and were about to take off when the smoke alarms in the bathrooms went off. Apparently there were some fumes that were leaking, so an electrician had to come and check it out. In an effort to not get annoyed, I kept telling myself that there must be some reason for all of this. Finally, we took off and made our way to SLC, where I landed about an hour and a half later than we should have-so not too bad.
My former mission companion Aumberly Rowberry (great name :) was coming to pick me up, and there she was at the bottom of the escalator - with my MISSION PRESIDENT! and his wife. President and Sister Ellsworth were really there! It was so crazy, and it felt kind of like a reverse mission homecoming. Anyway, they were there because there daughter was getting home from her mission. She landed about five minutes later, so I got to see her homecoming. She and I were good friends from when I served in Mesa because she would put on her mom's name tag and would serve in the visitors' center sometimes. A few times we got to be companions. I was going to see the Ellsworths at my mission reunion the next night anyway, but it was so good to get some extra one-on-one time talking with them and to see their daughter come home. It brought back so many memories of when I came home. I told their daughter that life only gets better, and when she said "really?" I was able to tell her from my heart that it does. Coming home was awful for many months, but the hard times helped me grow and overall become a better and happier daughter of God.
Former mission companions:
My second parents and return missionary - Sister Ellsworth
I also got to see one of the elders from my MTC district there! Awesome!
Elder Kyle Pontius (Pilate :) from the MTC and me:


Comments