My Miracle Christmas in Haiti


 

This Christmas was so special. Thank you everyone who donated money or shared with others the opportunity to donate to the Orphan Christmas project. You donated over $1300 as well as toys and clothes. I was able to spend last week in Haiti, purchasing the gifts, wrapping them and setting up for the huge Christmas party. Over 100 children from several different orphanages came, and they were so excited.

Two quick things:

1. Matt had 4 bags full of toys and clothes to bring down. It would have cost close to $400 to check all of them. When the airline attendant was checking his bags, she asked him why he had so much luggage and why he was going to Haiti. When he told her about the Haiti Orphan Christmas party, she told him not to worry about paying for any of the checked luggage. Christmas miracle :)

2. At the Christmas party, as the children came in, they gave us their names to write down. I didn't know why we had to get all their names, but then when the party was almost over and it was time to give out gifts, they called each child by name to come and receive their gift, one at a time. That touched me, and I knew if the Savior had been there, he would have spoken their names and talked to them one-by-one. 

Thank you! - Bon Fet Nwel (Merry Christmas) and Happy New Year!

Matt shopping for gifts
Neika with a floor full of toys!

Fanese and Natasha showing off the dresses Matt's mom made for each orphan girl
So excited for Christmas and to get a gift!








Comments

Lildonbro said…
That's awesome! I love that each kid was called one by one. It must have taken a long time but I'm sure each child felt so special and loved. You and Matt are awesome - just want to say that.

Popular Posts