Some Favorite Friday Links

These are some things that have made me smile recently:

5 Free Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas song downloads for you Itunes. These are really great quality and bring the Christmas Spirit in an instant.

30 Things you should know about Richmond - this just made me crack up. They were spot on.

A Christmas music video a day - Provo City is doing this cool campaign for the United Way here in Provo. Everyday they post a youtube video of a local artist in downtown Provo performing. They are going to put them all on a CD and for $10 ($15 if you need it shipped) and that $ goes to United Way Day 2 if my favorite so far. If you want to purchase ad CD, click here  

Christmas crafts I want to make. Wood Nativity and Twig Stars.

I am so ready for this weekend. Tonight I'll be spending some time with my sister, and then Saturday is our ward service auction. Here are some things that some members of my ward and myself are auctioning off:

I will braid your hair beautifully (ike a Princess) if you are a girl
I will write you a song about you and play it on the guitar
Will make you and your apartment a southern dinner
Will let you win a wrestling match in front of other people
I will tell you why you are awesome in Spanish for 30 minutes
I will give you 10 great big hugs
A pretty fun date
A really fun date
I will give you a massage. But only if you're not gross.
I will free your windshield of ice one morning
I will walk with you to school in the morning and make fabulous conversation.
I will tell you a true story from my past. I've had a great life, and guarantee you'll enjoy listening!

We're all pretty talented. Nothing beats service ;)

Next weekend, our ward is having a Christmas music fireside. My roomie Janessa and I will be doing a guitar/vocal duet. I'm pretty stoked. 

Other news. I set some goals for the month of December, and they are going great. I am feeling so happy and full of Christmas cheer as a result. The list includes reading The Christmas Carol. You can listen to it free here. Personally, I think my reading of it to Mary Parker was much more interesting :)
My goal list also includes getting a gym membership, which I did, and I'm loving it! I get to swim and go to free classes, and there's a cinema room. And Annie and I went at 6 am the other morning to do arms, and it was great. Only $15 a month thanks to Cyber Monday!

Other things on my list, a random act of kindness every day, reading from Jesus the Christ every day, meditating every day, a Temple walk every Sunday, write a Savior-centered poem, and NO-SUGAR DECEMBER! No-sugar November lasted 3 days, and I've already made it 5 days this time. I think I can do it. I went off sugar for 6 months on my mission, but that didn't include December. But because I ate at least 2 whole pies from Thanksgiving to the end of November, It's a necessary goal.

Have a great weekend and Christmas full of miracles! Then share your miracles with me! I'll be in Haiti for Christmas, and will post those pictures, videos and miracles when I get back to the States.

Merry Christmas! Love, Ash

Comments

Lildonbro said…
How fun! Loved the links and the service auction ideas are hilarious.

Popular Posts