Bangkok Blessing
Brianne and I decided to have family home evening during our layover at the Bangkok airport between Chiang Mai, Thailand and Siem Reap, Cambodia. We filmed a portion, but I accidentally deleted it. Luckily, we have picture proof.
First of all, for FHE Brianne and I were dressed like twins.
For our FHE together, we discussed what we learned in church the day before. I had learned from a speaker that if we are ashamed of Christ, when he comes, he'll be ashamed of us. And I thought that would feel HORRIBLE, so I don't want to be ashamed of him. Brianne noticed that the speakers didn't share many personal experiences, and the Sunday school teacher only talked about personal experiences the whole hour. So, we decided balance between teaching doctrine and sharing personal experiences in gospel teaching is important and will help bring the Spirit.
Now the picture below looks like an ordinary picture of two girls eating ice cream. And normally who cares that we're eating ice cream. People do it all the time. But it was part of our FHE, and a great story goes with it. We were standing in line looking at the ice cream options, and we realized that we were 1 Thai Baht short to get two of the cheapest ice creams on the menu. I told the cashier lady, hoping she'd let it slide. When all of a sudden a man behind us started laughing and said, "you're short 1 Thai Baht? How is that possible? I'll cover it and you take a selfie with your ice cream and post on Instagram about how you were 1 Thai Baht short." He thought we were ridiculous/hilarious, gave us the money and walked away. He wasn't even in line for ice cream! Where in the world did he come from? He just walked by and happened to hear our conversation? Crazy. 1 Thai baht is the equivalent of about 3 US cents. Basically nothing. And we had exchanged almost all of our Thai money to USD because in Cambodia they accept USD, so we had barely any left over to get ice cream. Thank you kind man wherever you are.
First of all, for FHE Brianne and I were dressed like twins.
![]() |
| Same t-shirts, same headbands, same hair, basically the same pants. TWINS! |
For our FHE together, we discussed what we learned in church the day before. I had learned from a speaker that if we are ashamed of Christ, when he comes, he'll be ashamed of us. And I thought that would feel HORRIBLE, so I don't want to be ashamed of him. Brianne noticed that the speakers didn't share many personal experiences, and the Sunday school teacher only talked about personal experiences the whole hour. So, we decided balance between teaching doctrine and sharing personal experiences in gospel teaching is important and will help bring the Spirit.
Now the picture below looks like an ordinary picture of two girls eating ice cream. And normally who cares that we're eating ice cream. People do it all the time. But it was part of our FHE, and a great story goes with it. We were standing in line looking at the ice cream options, and we realized that we were 1 Thai Baht short to get two of the cheapest ice creams on the menu. I told the cashier lady, hoping she'd let it slide. When all of a sudden a man behind us started laughing and said, "you're short 1 Thai Baht? How is that possible? I'll cover it and you take a selfie with your ice cream and post on Instagram about how you were 1 Thai Baht short." He thought we were ridiculous/hilarious, gave us the money and walked away. He wasn't even in line for ice cream! Where in the world did he come from? He just walked by and happened to hear our conversation? Crazy. 1 Thai baht is the equivalent of about 3 US cents. Basically nothing. And we had exchanged almost all of our Thai money to USD because in Cambodia they accept USD, so we had barely any left over to get ice cream. Thank you kind man wherever you are.




Comments