On our second day in Thailand, Brianne and I went zip lining
at the Eagle zip lining place. But we didn’t know we would be doing that on
that day. You see, we had this amazing hostel manager who was so sweet and
could find us deals anywhere. And he was the nicest. For
example, he upgraded us to a bedroom that we had to ourselves the whole time
for the price of the 10-person room. And I was short on change the day I paid
for the room, and he told me not to worry about it. Great guy. Anyway, he had
this paper where you could write down activities you wanted to do and he would
get back to you about deals. So on our first night, I wrote down that we wanted
to go to the cheapest, best zip line place. The next morning just before 7 am,
he came knocking on our door to let us know that there was a great deal for
this place, but we had to leave at 7 am. UHH. We couldn’t do that, so he said
7:30 am. We got ready really quickly and headed downstairs to get picked up by
the Eagle zip line people – but since it was past 7, we missed their pick-up
van. But, remember our hostel guy? He said that since we missed it, he would drive
us there personally. Yes, he loves us. Or he was just really bored sitting
around at the hostel.
Hostel manager and his cute granddaughter
So, he and his cute granddaughter drove us about an hour
into the mountains to this fantastic place. We were in a group with a few other
people and our awesome guide Jacky. Jacky pretty much loved Brianne and I.
Basically everyone in Thailand loved us – I mean, just look at us… tall and
blonde and smiley. We loved Jacky too. He and the other guide were hilarious.
They’d tell us to jump off the platform and then yell at us to come back, we’d
gone to soon, etc.. Or they’d drop us really quickly off a ledge just to scare
us. We spent a couple of hours there – 35 platforms I think, zip lining,
abseiling, crossing bridges, climbing rope ladders, and so on. Brianne and I
were just so amazed with the beauty of Thailand and its people and kept saying
that this was the best vacation ever. We’re so lucky.
Shower-cap heads
Skateboard crossing
Here's two short clips of the adventures. I'm pretty sure in the one where I'm abseiling (dropping down vertically), the guide at the bottom says, "You so cute honey."
Comments