Thai Cam #1 Massages and Haircuts

Hello! I've been back from Thailand/Cambodia for a week now and would have posted right away. The problem is, my computer charger broke. This morning, a new one came in the mail - so I'm going over-post today. Because you see, I've been quite ill since Saturday, and extremely bored. So posting will kill the time while I just lay here and hope I get better.

My trip was so incredible that I'll need several blog posts to share it all (including another family home evening files post I know you're dying to see!).

This trip was special because I traveled with my friend Brianne. She was my last mission companion (4 years ago!), and she's been working in Australia. I owe Brianne for igniting my desire to travel and do humanitarian work. During the six weeks that we were mission companions, she would tell me about her travel and humanitarian experiences and how those changed her life. That led to me visiting to Haiti- that was the first time I left the USA. We talked about traveling together one day, and it finally happened. Best traveling buddy ever. Felt like we were mission companions again.

The first thing we did in Chiang Mai was get Thai massages. Thai massages are not a typical massage. They are insane. I don't really know how to describe them- kind of like forced yoga. You are clothed in a cute outfit and your body is stretched and cracked and it feels amazing. These massages were given by women who were former prisoners in jail (most of them for drug-related crime). The program they are with trains them and helps them change their lives. They were darling. The lady giving Brianne a massage started braiding her long blonde hair afterwards, just for fun. Little did she know that right after that, we went and got our hair cut short! We now have the same hair length. Twins! My favorite part of the haircut was how the hair dresser used a bowl dipped in a bucket of water to wash our hair. Brought me back to days in Haiti where we had to take bucket showers!

Next up: Zip line Adventure

Note to other travelers: if you show up at the main location and it is booked, there are at least 2 other locations by the same organization within walking distance. They are less busy!

BEFORE



Bucket Wash

Sweet salon, right?

Our cute hairdresser
AFTER: TWINS!



Comments

Popular Posts