Thai Cam #3 Food and Temples

In Chiang Mai, Thailand there are temples all over the place. It seems like every street has a few of them. And there is also delicious food all over the place. I interrupt my timeline to document the delicious food and pretty temples of Chiang Mai. One really cool experience we had on our last day in Thailand was the Monk-chat. We were able to go to one of the temple sites to sit down and chat with a monk about anything we wanted. We asked about their views on pre-earth life and after-life, different commandments, and just what a monk does on a typical day. There were many similarities between Buddhist beliefs and my beliefs. I loved when our Monk (Joel) was telling us about how his life has changed since he became a monk 6 years ago. He decided to become a monk because of the righteous, chaste, clean lifestyle that they live. He is about to graduate from college, and is so grateful he's lived this way through his college years. As he spoke, he got a little emotional, and it reminded me of the mission I served and how it has changed my life for the better.









creepy?






I couldn't get enough of this rice. Ate two plates full.


Mango sticky rice - overrated. Or we just didn't find the really good stuff.

I ate at least 2 smoothies a day in Thailand - most of them mango. This one was mixed fruit, and the pink color comes from the bright pink dragon fruit.


Comments

Popular Posts