Brianne and I walked by the LDS church everyday when we were in Thailand because it was right around the corner from our hostel. One night, we found the gate open and walked through it to see the church, even though we knew we would be going on Sunday. As we looked and snapped some pictures, Brianne said, "This is the most holy building in the city." I thought that was profound. Chiang Mai is full of old temples and religious sites, but her testimony of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, restored to bless all mankind so that they can return to live with God, united eternally in families, shone through her words. I am so grateful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm grateful Brianne and I were able to be mission companions my last 6 weeks as a missionary in Mesa, Arizona. I'm grateful that together we were able to testify of Jesus Christ, of living prophets, of Priesthood power and authority, of sacred ordinances and covenants. I'm grateful that four years later, she and I could visit Thailand and have our testimonies strengthened. I know the Gospel is true because it has changed my life, and I've seen it change others lives in beautiful ways. I know it is true because there are doctrines taught in His church that are found no where else - because they had been lost for centuries. When it seems there is no hope, no light, no happiness - you can find it through Jesus Christ in His church. I loved sitting in the meetings on Sunday - held in the Thai language but translated for visitors - and hearing faith-promoting experiences and testimonies from the members in this area of the world (most of whom seemed to be converts to the church). I know Jesus Christ was more than a man, he is the son of God and our Savior and our Redeemer. I know He lives and He loves all of mankind in every land.



 |
| We got invited to the potluck afterward! Life goals right? A homemade Thai-food potluck?! |
Comments