4 and 5

Miracles four and five are from Lindsay and Ammon. We were trying to watch Harry Potter the other night, but I got these miracles out of them :)

Ammon's is from his childhood. Lindsay's from a recent day at work.

#4 Ammon (I'm paraphrasing him here):

When I was about 8 years old, some friends invited me to go sledding on a mountain in Oregon. Before adventurous things, our mom would pray to see if she felt ok about us going. She prayed and felt fine, so I told my friends I could go. When they came to pick me up, they invited my sister, and mom didn't think to pray about her going because we were about to leave, it was a nice spring day, and she wasn't worried, so she came too. After we left, mom went to the grocery store and heard a voice say "such a beautiful day for a tragedy." She realized that my sister was NOT going to be okay. She went home prayed for her safety. She couldn't get a hold of us because there was no phone service up in the mountains. 

When we got to the mountain, we ran up the hill, and my sister was the first one up. We didn't realize at the bottom of the hill was a snow bank and a drop off from there to the parking lot of about 6 feet. My sister went down first and saw the danger as she was getting closer. She was only about 10 years old, but realized she need to get off, so she jumped off of the sled, but she kept sliding and ended up hitting a car with her head. We ran over to her and two men came over and prayed by her. Eventually an ambulance came and took her to a medic. A nurse who was at the mountain saw her fall and was certain she would die or have long-term brain damage, but all she had was a bad headache. My dad and friend gave her a blessing, and after the blessing she fell asleep and never felt any pain from the fall again.

#5 Lindsay (also paraphrasing - she was a little hesitant to share this because she felt it was small, a tender mercy more than a miracle - but it sure sounded like a miracle to me!):

At work the other day my boss left, and I had to use one of the instruments in the lab (Lindsay is a food scientist!). It wasn't working, so I kept trying and trying to get it to work. I tried so many different things that wouldn't work, that I was about to give up and cry. I decided to pray and try one more time. Right after the prayer, I tried something different, and it worked. The result of the prayer was so immediate.

Comments

Popular Posts