9-10

Today I have to work over 10 hours :(

I have a minute - so here are 2 miracles.

Spencer's miracle:

He was looking for an accounting internship for summer 2014, but none of his interviews went well, so he didn't get one. During April 2014 Priesthood Conference, he remembers the messages were nice, but he couldn't get off his mind "how am I going to find a job?" Behind him and his father was a neighbor who worked with BYU's IT dept. They were talking after the mtg. and he basically offered him a job. Fast forward a year later. Spencer was about to graduate and was again looking for an accounting position, but had no good interviews again. He was approached by that same neighbor and offered a different position - one that was perfect for him. He is now working in an accounting/IT-ish position.

I have a similar issue with job interviews and have found that I always end up finding a job at the last minute, when I am desperate. And the job is usually better than anything I had applied for before.

Athena's miracle:

Athena is a miracle friend for me out here in Utah. I wasn't sure where I was going to live this fall, and then we became amazing friends, and I just felt that if I stayed at the apartment complex, I would only stay if I could be her roommate. Well, it worked out, and we're rooming together in the fall! Anyway - her miracle comes from when she left her mission in Russia. She had to fly from Russia to Germany to Denver to SLC then to St. George, Utah. The mission secretary paid for their luggage all the way to their final destination, but when Athena landed in Denver, she took her luggage and forget to recheck it before leaving immigration. She ended up going to the airline's desk and asked them to re-check it, and she had $40 on her card. The lady at the desk told her it would be $60, so Athena asked if she could call her mom to get more money on her card. The lady then told Athena that she knew she was a missionary, and she had LDS friends, so she knew Athena was a good person who had just been serving for a year and a half, so he waived the $20, and Athena had enough to check her bags. Athena said that is was just a miracle landing back in the US and seeing so many happy people because in Russia many people hated her just because she was a missionary. That kind gesture from the ticket agent helped Athena feel at peace and feel God's love as she was returning home, and feeling culture shock.

Comments

Popular Posts