milagro número tres

Miracle Number Three is from Heather's roommate Norma. Norma is pretty much talented in every way. I'm glad this miracle happened, so that she was able to come to BYU and meet Heather and then come back next year!

"The most evident is last year I managed to find work. As I am on my own financially and the government doesn't cover more than tuition, I had to figure out where the money for other costs was going to come from. That seems pretty typical but before deciding to go to BYU I was set to attend UC Cali. But even though BYU in the beginning wasn't my school of choice, when I prayed about it, it felt right, so I couldn't believe it. So when I switched my intention for which school, I lost my scholarships since it was out of state, and I didn't apply for need-based because I didn't think BYU was an option. Then I found out mid-summer that BYU doesn't participate in all the government programs so I would only be funded tuition. But I knew some way, some how it would work out, and it did. I worked 6 days a week for the rest of the summer until school started and got enough to get there, then I received a miracle scholarship. It gave me enough to even go home which was nice because I didn't really have anyone in Utah. Well, this year the same thing happened. I actually struggled to find a job and was about to give up after 20 job applications and 4 interviews. Then my cousin had an opening in his business when he heard I was leaving, he offered me the job, and now I'll have enough by the end of the summer which puts me right at comfortable again. I'll be able to focus on school and do extracurriculars without worrying about money. It worked out again. That for me is a miracle knowing He's got my back and is aware of my needs and I can't give up when it seems like nothing will work out."

I have seen this happen several times in my life - where I can't find a job or I want to go down a certain path, but it seems financially impossible. Heavenly Father provides a way, if it is right and we do our part.

Comments

Popular Posts