Bike Lock Miracle
From my roommate Camilla. She's the youngest and smallest in the apartment, but blows us all away with her strength and inspiring thoughts. She loves writing and has won some writing competitions before. This miracle happened the other day and is in her own, beautiful words:
"My bike lock is a word combination lock; it has letters instead of numbers. After having a horrible morning that started at 6:00 am, of feeling completely alone and alienated from my coworkers, and being sent home from work, I was both unaware of how to fix my problem of feeling completely unable to push away degrading and penetrating thoughts that seemed to snip the remaining thin wires connected to my hope that had weakened in the past couple of weeks of relentless attacks on my faith and self esteem. It fet to me as Paul says, that I had spent a day and a night in the deep, it only being ten in the morning [2 Corinthians 11:25]. I was coming back from doing two errands that I really didn't want to do, one involving biking up a really long hill, and even though it was only 73 it felt like it was 90. I was 15 feet from my apartment and looking down, by some divine power, my combination caught by eye. Elder Busche said in his BYU speech Unleashing the Dormant Spirit, 'Put all frustrations, hurt feelings, and grumblings into the perspective of your eternal hope. Light will flow into your soul.' I feel that there is no better way to describe what I felt in that moment. I knew that He was there, and I could not deny it. And if that's not a miracle, I don't know what is."
"My bike lock is a word combination lock; it has letters instead of numbers. After having a horrible morning that started at 6:00 am, of feeling completely alone and alienated from my coworkers, and being sent home from work, I was both unaware of how to fix my problem of feeling completely unable to push away degrading and penetrating thoughts that seemed to snip the remaining thin wires connected to my hope that had weakened in the past couple of weeks of relentless attacks on my faith and self esteem. It fet to me as Paul says, that I had spent a day and a night in the deep, it only being ten in the morning [2 Corinthians 11:25]. I was coming back from doing two errands that I really didn't want to do, one involving biking up a really long hill, and even though it was only 73 it felt like it was 90. I was 15 feet from my apartment and looking down, by some divine power, my combination caught by eye. Elder Busche said in his BYU speech Unleashing the Dormant Spirit, 'Put all frustrations, hurt feelings, and grumblings into the perspective of your eternal hope. Light will flow into your soul.' I feel that there is no better way to describe what I felt in that moment. I knew that He was there, and I could not deny it. And if that's not a miracle, I don't know what is."



Comments