11th Day of Christmas
I'm leaving Provo next week and have so much to get done and am feeling so stressed about a large number of ridiculous things. One of those things that was worrying me this morning was if my friend will like the gift I got her for Christmas. Wow - that is exactly what can go wrong with commercialized Christmas - the stress it causes. When we think about Christ and give gifts to remember him and to share loves - that is what matters. Not how good or expensive gifts are.
This article explains so well how society has shifted from a focus on Christ to gifts. Elder Oaks says,
"The focus on worldly gifts has gradually and now almost decisively overshadowed the religious aspects of the Christmas holiday. The gift that Christ gives is the greatest gift ever given, and it is available to each of us. That is the gift we should celebrate at this and every Christmas."
![]() |
| One of my favorite family Christmas pictures. My family - one of the best gifts I've been given. |



Comments