13th Day of Christmas
On this the 13th day of Christmas, I want to share 13 positive outcomes of my time here in Provo. Before I leave a place, I like to look back and see what I've learned and how my time and efforts have been consecrated for good. Otherwise, I may look back and think my time was wasted because I only stayed a short time before leaving. But as I took the time to think about these, I realized that so much happened in this year. It was definitely not a waste. I'm grateful that I've lived in Utah for this time - and know that my year in China won't be a waste either. It can be equally as beneficial to my growth as a person and to my efforts to reach out in service.
-I was able to be a temple worker and learn so much about the Temple and the Gospel
-Completed soo much family history work, which the guys in my ward helped me with
-Had many dating opportunities and learned what qualities are essential to me in a spouse - and thus what qualities I want to work on developing in my life
-Got to spend more time with my sister and grew closer to her
-Learned more about starting a business and got on that path
-Gained experience in my job that will help me down the road
-Participated in a triathlon for the 1st time and then did another!
-Was able to live with mission friends and then meet many new amazing people - like the roommates I have now, my coworkers, other roommates from the past year, my bishopric, etc.
-Spent more time in nature- hiking, camping and doing random, bizarre things like yoga in the mountains
-Grew in the church callings that I have had here
-Got to go to the General Womens' Meeting and Christmas Devotional in person in SLC
-Developed new talents like sketching and painting that I never realized I was so interested in
-And finally, my time at BYU was cut short b/c I graduated much sooner than I thought I would, and I kind of always felt sad that I only had 3 years here. So it's been nice to be back on campus once in a while, to go to football and basketball games, to run on the BYU track and just be in Provo for one more year
*updates. 2 more I left out! Mom reminded me that I was able to visit my mission. If I hadn't been living here, I wouldn't have gone back to Mesa with Mary and Carrie. It was our first time back in 2 1/2 years, and we got to do it together. I was able to reconnect with converts and members.
I mentioned that I've gained experience in my job, but in addition to that, I've been able to see small changes make a big difference in the lives of families in Utah County that are living in poverty situations.
-I was able to be a temple worker and learn so much about the Temple and the Gospel
-Completed soo much family history work, which the guys in my ward helped me with
-Had many dating opportunities and learned what qualities are essential to me in a spouse - and thus what qualities I want to work on developing in my life
-Got to spend more time with my sister and grew closer to her
-Learned more about starting a business and got on that path
-Gained experience in my job that will help me down the road
-Participated in a triathlon for the 1st time and then did another!
-Was able to live with mission friends and then meet many new amazing people - like the roommates I have now, my coworkers, other roommates from the past year, my bishopric, etc.
-Spent more time in nature- hiking, camping and doing random, bizarre things like yoga in the mountains
-Grew in the church callings that I have had here
-Got to go to the General Womens' Meeting and Christmas Devotional in person in SLC
-Developed new talents like sketching and painting that I never realized I was so interested in
-And finally, my time at BYU was cut short b/c I graduated much sooner than I thought I would, and I kind of always felt sad that I only had 3 years here. So it's been nice to be back on campus once in a while, to go to football and basketball games, to run on the BYU track and just be in Provo for one more year
*updates. 2 more I left out! Mom reminded me that I was able to visit my mission. If I hadn't been living here, I wouldn't have gone back to Mesa with Mary and Carrie. It was our first time back in 2 1/2 years, and we got to do it together. I was able to reconnect with converts and members.
I mentioned that I've gained experience in my job, but in addition to that, I've been able to see small changes make a big difference in the lives of families in Utah County that are living in poverty situations.


Comments