1st Day of Christmas

Christmas is in 25 days!! And I'm leaving Utah in 17 days to go see my family. I haven't been in Virginia in a year, and it's killing me! Hopefully soon after that I'll be headed to Haiti for a week or so, and then in February, I'm going to China! I'll be there for one year teaching English to English majors at a university!

December is always full of miracles with me, so I'm sure I'll be sharing some. I'll also try and share a quote I love (from my quote book) or an insight from the Book of Mormon about Jesus Christ. Our Bishop challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days, and to highlight parts about Christ.

Quote of the Day - from Elder Richard G. Scott. He said this just a few months after I was born:

"Our Heavenly Father did not put us on earth to fail but to succeed gloriously."

I love that! It makes me feel like this was said right after I was born to remind me that I will not fail. I tend to moan about how my life is a failure or a disaster - but it only is if I choose it to be. The reality is that my life has been full of amazing experiences and amazing people. I am incredibly blessed.

Scripture of the day - 2 Nephi 1:6

"none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord."

None of the "lands" or paths we are led to in this life are possible without Jesus Christ. Again, we will not fail, we will reach promised lands if we turn to him.




Comments

Popular Posts