20th Day of Christmas

Have you even felt like giving up on on goals or on consistency in helping others because it seems like the reward or result has not come yet?

This is a quote that reminds me of the value of patience.

"Hope keeps us anxiously engaged in good causes, even when these appear to be losing causes." - Rafael Pino

This is the perfect time of year to recommit and continue in consistency - especially when your cause is helping someone or reconnecting with someone and it doesn't seem to be working yet. At least know that your efforts are never wasted and can always lead to good - even if it doesn't happen in the way or timing you desire.

Today we had a message in church from my friend Candi about living a Christ-centered life and trying to develop Christlike attributes. That often feels like a cause I am losing - but as I look back over the last 26 years, I can see how I have improved in many ways. It just takes time!

5 more days until Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts